It’s an exciting time for photographs from space. Last month, when Elon Musk’s privately held company SpaceX posted photos taken during a successful satellite launch, I noted that, unlike every picture NASA has ever taken, these wouldn’t enter the public domain immediately by default. It may have been an unintended side effect of the copyright […]
about meI'm a free culture and free software enthusiast working as an activist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation in San Francisco. I enjoy thinking and writing about technology, listening to all kinds of music, and playing ukulele. more »
- Writing the Prince symbol in Unicode
- The US government should release these 7,584 fruit paintings
- "We will need writers who can remember freedom": Ursula K Le Guin at the National Book Awards
- How the New York Times keeps tragedies ad-free
- HOWTO: Create an animated gif from a video with command line tools
deep-linking and highlightingThis site uses the Emphasis system for paragraph-level permalinks and sentence-level highlights. Press your Shift key twice while on any article on this site to enable those options.