There’s recently been a lot of great writing on women and the problem of gender inequality in the tech field. I recommend these three pieces in particular: “Not a Beard” by Mari Huertas, who was a member of Obama’s re-election tech team. In an effort to indicate that the team was more San Francisco than […]
about meI'm a free culture and free software enthusiast working as an activist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation in San Francisco. I enjoy thinking and writing about technology, listening to all kinds of music, and playing ukulele. more »
- Writing the Prince symbol in Unicode
- Taylor Swift and Garth Brooks each took on their generation's music bogeyman
- "We will need writers who can remember freedom": Ursula K Le Guin at the National Book Awards
- Ripping CDs like a nerd in Mac OS X
- Honoring the history of Charleston's Emanuel AME Church on Wikipedia
deep-linking and highlightingThis site uses the Emphasis system for paragraph-level permalinks and sentence-level highlights. Press your Shift key twice while on any article on this site to enable those options.