I’ve just finished reading Robert Spoo’s book “Without Copyrights,” an academic look at the history of American publishing in the 19th and early 20th centuries, when American copyright first did not apply at all to works first published abroad, and later applied only with strict manufacturing and notice requirements. The first half of the book […]
about meI'm a free culture and free software enthusiast working as an activist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation in San Francisco. I enjoy thinking and writing about technology, listening to all kinds of music, and playing ukulele. more »
- Writing the Prince symbol in Unicode
- The 18 flags of San Francisco's Civic Center Plaza
- "We will need writers who can remember freedom": Ursula K Le Guin at the National Book Awards
- HOWTO: Create an animated gif from a video with command line tools
- HOWTO: Transfer OTR private keys between Adium and Pidgin
deep-linking and highlightingThis site uses the Emphasis system for paragraph-level permalinks and sentence-level highlights. Press your Shift key twice while on any article on this site to enable those options.