I’ve identified a little gap in my support of open access publishing that I hope to remedy with this new practice. When I encounter a news article about a new study or paper, the first thing I do is look for the underlying paper. (It’s a good idea anyway, given the standard complaints about science […]
about meI'm a free culture and free software enthusiast working as an activist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation in San Francisco. I enjoy thinking and writing about technology, listening to all kinds of music, and playing ukulele. more »
- How the New York Times keeps tragedies ad-free
- HOWTO: Transfer OTR private keys between Adium and Pidgin
- Writing the Prince symbol in Unicode
- "We will need writers who can remember freedom": Ursula K Le Guin at the National Book Awards
- HOWTO: Create an animated gif from a video with command line tools
deep-linking and highlightingThis site uses the Emphasis system for paragraph-level permalinks and sentence-level highlights. Press your Shift key twice while on any article on this site to enable those options.