Cory Doctorow is coming through town again, this time on his tour for Homeland, the sequel to his excellent young adult novel Little Brother. Cory likes to talk about how his fiction “predicts the present”: taking the bits of future that are already here, just not yet evenly distributed, and applying them more widely. It’s […]
about meI'm a free culture and free software enthusiast working as an activist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation in San Francisco. I enjoy thinking and writing about technology, listening to all kinds of music, and playing ukulele. more »
- How the New York Times keeps tragedies ad-free
- HOWTO: Create an animated gif from a video with command line tools
- "We will need writers who can remember freedom": Ursula K Le Guin at the National Book Awards
- Writing the Prince symbol in Unicode
- HOWTO: Transfer OTR private keys between Adium and Pidgin
deep-linking and highlightingThis site uses the Emphasis system for paragraph-level permalinks and sentence-level highlights. Press your Shift key twice while on any article on this site to enable those options.