The Unicode Consortium, in its ∞ wisdom, decided a long time ago that the Fraktur script—that weird old-fashioned German style of text—should not be encoded in its own block, but rather considered a font in which standard latin text can be rendered. That has some implications for ligatures, but that’s beyond the scope of this […]
about meI'm a free culture and free software enthusiast working as an activist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation in San Francisco. I enjoy thinking and writing about technology, listening to all kinds of music, and playing ukulele. more »
- "We will need writers who can remember freedom": Ursula K Le Guin at the National Book Awards
- Writing the Prince symbol in Unicode
- HOWTO: Create an animated gif from a video with command line tools
- HOWTO: Transfer OTR private keys between Adium and Pidgin
- Earth to Elon: please let the public domain have space photos
deep-linking and highlightingThis site uses the Emphasis system for paragraph-level permalinks and sentence-level highlights. Press your Shift key twice while on any article on this site to enable those options.