In the early 90s, the musician Prince dropped his name and started going by an unpronounceable symbol. He called it “The Love Symbol,” and it’s a combination of the traditional male (♂) and female (♀) symbols. Apparently (at least according to Wikipedia) Warner Bros had to send out floppy disks with a custom font to […]
about meI'm a free culture and free software enthusiast working as an activist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation in San Francisco. I enjoy thinking and writing about technology, listening to all kinds of music, and playing ukulele. more »
- "We will need writers who can remember freedom": Ursula K Le Guin at the National Book Awards
- Where is the copyright maximalist dystopian sci-fi?
- Writing the Prince symbol in Unicode
- HOWTO: Transfer OTR private keys between Adium and Pidgin
- HOWTO: Create an animated gif from a video with command line tools
deep-linking and highlightingThis site uses the Emphasis system for paragraph-level permalinks and sentence-level highlights. Press your Shift key twice while on any article on this site to enable those options.