Inspired by a handful of sites that have popped up in the last few weeks to mock a design change made in the official Twitter app for iPhone, my buddies Robb and Johnny and I have put together a project called the Dickens Bar. The idea is simple — enter the URL of any website, and see it immediately enhanced by the “trending topics” of one of the most popular English novelists of the Victorian Era. See, for example, this very site with Dickens Bar addition.
about meI'm a free culture and free software enthusiast working as an activist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation in San Francisco. I enjoy thinking and writing about technology, listening to all kinds of music, and playing ukulele. more »
- "We will need writers who can remember freedom": Ursula K Le Guin at the National Book Awards
- Writing the Prince symbol in Unicode
- Amazon backdoor exposed wishlist mailing addresses
- Rhyming "who phrases" from New York Times obituary headlines
- HOWTO: Create an animated gif from a video with command line tools
deep-linking and highlightingThis site uses the Emphasis system for paragraph-level permalinks and sentence-level highlights. Press your Shift key twice while on any article on this site to enable those options.